Archive for the ‘Web Hosting’ Category
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010
We are pleased to announce we have updated the following software scripts for you to install via your hosting admin panel:
- WordPress 3.0.1
- BuddyPress 126.96.36.199
- Zen Cart 1.3.9f
- Drupal 6.19
- Geeklog 1.7.0
- Joomla 1.5.20
- MediaWiki 1.16.0
- Coppermine 1.5.8
WordPress 3.0 also replaces WordPress MU (the multi-user version), as the multi-user features have now been merged into WordPress as standard!
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
We a delighted to announce that from today the quota for each POP3 and IMAP e-mail account has today been upgraded to a massive 400mb! All existing e-mail accounts have been upgraded automatically.
This will help users who need to send very large files and attachments or do not regularly delete old e-mails.
You can setup new e-mail accounts by logging in to your hosting control panel.
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009
Today we’ve added two brand new one click-install scripts to your Impression Internet hosting control panel - Wordpress MU (multi user) and BuddyPress. These are really exciting web hosting scripts, both offering a world of opportunities for your to add a new social element to your existing website or to create a brand new standalone social networking website.
WordPress MU is the mutli-user version of WordPress giving users the ability to create multiple blogs and users running off one domain name, be it “blog.domain.com” or www.domain.com/ blog. “Now with MU we’re making it as easy to create a thousand blogs as it was to create a single blog with WordPress 3 years ago. By building on the base of WordPress and syncing development, we get the benefit of the huge ecosystem in plug-ins and themes that has developed around the project.” You can find out much more about the software the possibilities at the official website: http://mu.wordpress.org/
- Multiple blogs covering specific subjects related to your industry
- User generated blogs running off your brand
- Internal profile accounts for employees
- Creating a blog community
Get more ideas at the official site’s showcase http://wordpress.org/showcase/flavor/wordpress-mu/
BuddyPress allows you to use the WordPress MU platform to create your very own social networking site packed full of the features users have come to expect from their social network and more, and all for free! “BuddyPress will extend WordPress MU and bring social networking features to a new or existing installation. BuddyPress is a suite of WordPress plugins and themes, each adding a distinct new feature. BuddyPress contains all the features you’d expect from WordPress but aims to let members socially interact.” Read more about all the advanced features ready to be installed in just a few clicks http://buddypress.org/
Install it on your web hosting and use it for:
- Creating a social network!
- Stand alone or fully integrated with your existing website
Both of these are ready to be installed and if you are one of our resellers they are also available to offer to your clients as part of their web hosting account as well.
Installing Wordpress MU as a stand alone
To install and activate WordPress MU follow these steps:
1. Log in to your web hosting control panel
2. Click on the WordPress MU icon in ‘CGI scripts’
3. Choose the location to install the script e.g. www.home.com or www.home.com/buddypress etc
4. Click ‘install’
5. Go to that location in your web browser
6. Check you are happy with all the details (we have pre-filled the fields for you), enter your contact email and click ‘submit’
7. Make a note of the log in details and click ‘log in’
Installing BuddyPress as well as WordPress MU
To install and activate BuddyPress follow these steps:
a. Log in to your web hosting control panel
b. Click on the BuddyPress icon in ‘CGI scripts’
c. Now follow the exact same steps from step 3 to 7 as described above
Once you have done those, follow these steps:
1. Where is says “The plug in page is not visible to normal users. It must be activated first” click on ‘activate’
2. You will be taken to ‘site options’. Enable the ‘plug ins’ tick box and then ‘update options’ to save these changes
3. Go to ‘plug ins’ and activate BuddyPress
4. To activate the pre-installed BuddyPress them (not required to make it work) go to ‘site admin’, then ‘Activate BuddyPress default home theme’.
5. Go to ‘Appearance’ and activate the theme
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009
Today we’ve upgraded several of our popular one-click install scripts in our hosting admin panels. We’ve updated WordPress to the latest 2.8 release. You can install this (and lots more) scripts directly from your hosting admin panel! We have also upgraded:
- phpcpoin V1.5.1 upgraded to 1.6.2
- RoundCube V0.2.1 upgraded to 0.2.2
- SquirrelMail V1.4.17 upgraded to 1.4.19
- Sugarcrm V5.2.0a upgraded to 5.2.0f
- Wordpress V2.7.1 upgraded to 2.8
- Elgg V1.2 upgraded to 1.5
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009
Today we’ve launched our brand new Impression Internet website!
Our new website features a new logo and colour scheme and a much cleanear design making it easier to find exactly what you want. We’ve also updated our control panel pages to match our new branding and, at the same time, tweaked how the pages were arranged to make it quicker and easier for you to manage your hosting account.
Part of our new design has been the introduction of this news section. We’ll keep you up to date with all the latest web hosting features and any upgrades to software scripts in your control panel. Keep any eye out in our news blog for special offers and discount codes to save you money on web hosting and domain name registration!
We hope you like our new design!
Saturday, April 25th, 2009
Roundcube has been updated from V0.2-stable to V0.2.1 and Joomla has now been updated from V1.5.9 to V1.5.10. Both updates have been tested (including compatibility with one click install) and are now live.
Sunday, March 1st, 2009
We’ve updated another batch of scripts to their latest versions. You can install these via your Control Panel in just a few clicks making this one of or most popular feautres:
- dotProject: from V2.1.1 to V2.1.2
- Guestbook: from V2.43 to V2.44
- osCommerce Shopping Cart: from V2ms2-060817 to V2.2rc2a
- Agora Shopping Cart: from V5.2 to V5.2.005
- Web Ring: from V3.2 to V3.3
- Squirrel: Mail from V1.4.13 to V1.4.17
- SugarCRM: from V5.0.0b to V5.2.0a
- Wordpress: from 2.7 to 2.7.1
Friday, February 20th, 2009
Since launching our Windows accounts the feature we have been asked the most for is to be able to set up MySQL databases within the Windows hosting accounts.
We thought it was a good idea as well so for no extra cost you can now add up to two MySQL databases to your Windows packages. These are allocated as normal at the package level and can be managed in phpMyAdmin through your Control Panel or by contacting us.
Sunday, February 1st, 2009
We have updated some of the scripts that you can install from your hosting Control Panel:
- AWStats Statistics - v6.8 upgraded to v6.9
- Nucleus Webblog - v3.32 upgraded to v3.33
- CubeCart Shopping Cart - v3.0.17 upgraded to v3.0.18
- Drupal CMS - v6.4 upgraded to v6.9
- phpBB3 Forum - v3..0.2 upgraded to v3.0.4
- Joomla CMS - v1.5.8 upgraded to v1.5.9
- Locked Area Lite - v6.0 upgraded to v6.4
- MediaWiki - v1.13.1 upgraded to v1.13.3
- Openads - v2.6.0 upgraded to v2.6.3
- PHPCoin - v1.4.4 upgraded to v1.5.1
- Roundcube Webmail - v0.2 alpha upgraded to v0.2 stable
Monday, January 26th, 2009
Our WordPress one click installer has been upgraded from 2.6.3 to the latest release 2.7.
There are a whole bunch of new features in 2.7 so I would encourage you to upgrade, login to to your Control Panel today to try it out!
We are working on updating our Joomla one click installer at the moment and hope to have the latest version available by the end of the day.