Archive for the ‘Control Panel’ Category
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010
We are pleased to announce we have updated the following software scripts for you to install via your hosting admin panel:
- WordPress 3.0.1
- BuddyPress 188.8.131.52
- Zen Cart 1.3.9f
- Drupal 6.19
- Geeklog 1.7.0
- Joomla 1.5.20
- MediaWiki 1.16.0
- Coppermine 1.5.8
WordPress 3.0 also replaces WordPress MU (the multi-user version), as the multi-user features have now been merged into WordPress as standard!
Saturday, October 17th, 2009
You can now control you web hosting and domain control panels using an iPhone!
All of our control panel features are included and are fully optimised for the iPhone screen and interface. It has never been easier to manage your hosting account on the go.
To get started simply visit your control panel address and your iPhone will automatically display our new iPhone control panel.
You can also log in at http://cp.impressioninternet.co.uk
You can do everything you can from our regular control panel like setting up e-mail addresses, installing software, viewing statistics, creating databases, setup auto-responders, view webmail, file manager and much, much more.
This new feature is included free of charge to all of our customers. We hope you like it!
This is the first version of our iPhone interface so if you find any glitches or have any feedback please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009
Today we’ve added two brand new one click-install scripts to your Impression Internet hosting control panel - Wordpress MU (multi user) and BuddyPress. These are really exciting web hosting scripts, both offering a world of opportunities for your to add a new social element to your existing website or to create a brand new standalone social networking website.
WordPress MU is the mutli-user version of WordPress giving users the ability to create multiple blogs and users running off one domain name, be it “blog.domain.com” or www.domain.com/ blog. “Now with MU we’re making it as easy to create a thousand blogs as it was to create a single blog with WordPress 3 years ago. By building on the base of WordPress and syncing development, we get the benefit of the huge ecosystem in plug-ins and themes that has developed around the project.” You can find out much more about the software the possibilities at the official website: http://mu.wordpress.org/
- Multiple blogs covering specific subjects related to your industry
- User generated blogs running off your brand
- Internal profile accounts for employees
- Creating a blog community
Get more ideas at the official site’s showcase http://wordpress.org/showcase/flavor/wordpress-mu/
BuddyPress allows you to use the WordPress MU platform to create your very own social networking site packed full of the features users have come to expect from their social network and more, and all for free! “BuddyPress will extend WordPress MU and bring social networking features to a new or existing installation. BuddyPress is a suite of WordPress plugins and themes, each adding a distinct new feature. BuddyPress contains all the features you’d expect from WordPress but aims to let members socially interact.” Read more about all the advanced features ready to be installed in just a few clicks http://buddypress.org/
Install it on your web hosting and use it for:
- Creating a social network!
- Stand alone or fully integrated with your existing website
Both of these are ready to be installed and if you are one of our resellers they are also available to offer to your clients as part of their web hosting account as well.
Installing Wordpress MU as a stand alone
To install and activate WordPress MU follow these steps:
1. Log in to your web hosting control panel
2. Click on the WordPress MU icon in ‘CGI scripts’
3. Choose the location to install the script e.g. www.home.com or www.home.com/buddypress etc
4. Click ‘install’
5. Go to that location in your web browser
6. Check you are happy with all the details (we have pre-filled the fields for you), enter your contact email and click ‘submit’
7. Make a note of the log in details and click ‘log in’
Installing BuddyPress as well as WordPress MU
To install and activate BuddyPress follow these steps:
a. Log in to your web hosting control panel
b. Click on the BuddyPress icon in ‘CGI scripts’
c. Now follow the exact same steps from step 3 to 7 as described above
Once you have done those, follow these steps:
1. Where is says “The plug in page is not visible to normal users. It must be activated first” click on ‘activate’
2. You will be taken to ‘site options’. Enable the ‘plug ins’ tick box and then ‘update options’ to save these changes
3. Go to ‘plug ins’ and activate BuddyPress
4. To activate the pre-installed BuddyPress them (not required to make it work) go to ‘site admin’, then ‘Activate BuddyPress default home theme’.
5. Go to ‘Appearance’ and activate the theme
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009
Today we’ve upgraded several of our popular one-click install scripts in our hosting admin panels. We’ve updated WordPress to the latest 2.8 release. You can install this (and lots more) scripts directly from your hosting admin panel! We have also upgraded:
- phpcpoin V1.5.1 upgraded to 1.6.2
- RoundCube V0.2.1 upgraded to 0.2.2
- SquirrelMail V1.4.17 upgraded to 1.4.19
- Sugarcrm V5.2.0a upgraded to 5.2.0f
- Wordpress V2.7.1 upgraded to 2.8
- Elgg V1.2 upgraded to 1.5
Saturday, April 25th, 2009
Roundcube has been updated from V0.2-stable to V0.2.1 and Joomla has now been updated from V1.5.9 to V1.5.10. Both updates have been tested (including compatibility with one click install) and are now live.
Sunday, March 1st, 2009
We’ve updated another batch of scripts to their latest versions. You can install these via your Control Panel in just a few clicks making this one of or most popular feautres:
- dotProject: from V2.1.1 to V2.1.2
- Guestbook: from V2.43 to V2.44
- osCommerce Shopping Cart: from V2ms2-060817 to V2.2rc2a
- Agora Shopping Cart: from V5.2 to V5.2.005
- Web Ring: from V3.2 to V3.3
- Squirrel: Mail from V1.4.13 to V1.4.17
- SugarCRM: from V5.0.0b to V5.2.0a
- Wordpress: from 2.7 to 2.7.1
Friday, February 20th, 2009
Since launching our Windows accounts the feature we have been asked the most for is to be able to set up MySQL databases within the Windows hosting accounts.
We thought it was a good idea as well so for no extra cost you can now add up to two MySQL databases to your Windows packages. These are allocated as normal at the package level and can be managed in phpMyAdmin through your Control Panel or by contacting us.
Sunday, February 1st, 2009
We have updated some of the scripts that you can install from your hosting Control Panel:
- AWStats Statistics - v6.8 upgraded to v6.9
- Nucleus Webblog - v3.32 upgraded to v3.33
- CubeCart Shopping Cart - v3.0.17 upgraded to v3.0.18
- Drupal CMS - v6.4 upgraded to v6.9
- phpBB3 Forum - v3..0.2 upgraded to v3.0.4
- Joomla CMS - v1.5.8 upgraded to v1.5.9
- Locked Area Lite - v6.0 upgraded to v6.4
- MediaWiki - v1.13.1 upgraded to v1.13.3
- Openads - v2.6.0 upgraded to v2.6.3
- PHPCoin - v1.4.4 upgraded to v1.5.1
- Roundcube Webmail - v0.2 alpha upgraded to v0.2 stable
Monday, January 26th, 2009
Our WordPress one click installer has been upgraded from 2.6.3 to the latest release 2.7.
There are a whole bunch of new features in 2.7 so I would encourage you to upgrade, login to to your Control Panel today to try it out!
We are working on updating our Joomla one click installer at the moment and hope to have the latest version available by the end of the day.
Monday, December 1st, 2008
With every Impression Internet business hosting package we will give you access to our extensive resource library containing over 23,000 elements. Our massive digital library consists of web templates, logos, flash banners, clipart, photography and much more, which can all be freely used within your web projects.
With so many high-quality templates available you can have a professional looking website within minutes. We also supply a fully layered Photoshop file and a font pack should you need to make any changes to the graphics.
Although these are mostly in our “Business” hosting package we still provide most of these resources with our cheapest “Starter” hosting package too!
Free Resources Include:
- 22,500 Photos which are all intuitively categorised
- 50 Premium Web Templates
- 100 Extra Templates
- 400 Basic Web Templates
- 16 Flash Templates
- 5 Hosting Templates
- Over 100 Logos
- Flash Banners
- Plus much more!
With so much choice it’s never been easier to create a professional looking website!